Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Creativity Gone Mad !?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musicmanager

Hi Guys

I thought I'd share this with you .. ..
Wife & I are keen caravanners, and during a recent trip to Suffolk we fell foul of a somewhat over-officious site warden who took exception to our dog relieving herself on a piece of grass whilst on our way to the 'dog walk'. The product of her misdemeanour were clean up in appropriate fashion however during a less appropriate rant at me the warden suggested that I should carry the dog to the dog walk to prevent such an event occurring. Given the size of the dog and the fact that I walk with at least one walking stick due to disability I laughed heartily which unfortunately gave rise to a further rant most of which is unrepeatable amongst you folk of gentle upbringing.

To the point .. .. .. the event got my creative juices to the fore and following some web research and ideal modifications, I've designed the ultimate solution which I share with you in the attached.. .. .. please feel free to manufacture, modify or reinvent in any way you feel appropriate.. ..

S

Attachments

• Patent Dog Carrier.pdf
    68.2 KB · Views: 342
An interesting concept, however before we enter the manufacturing stage, there should be a thorough design review before the drawings are issued for construction.

I have two points for the design review:

1 The carrying handle appears to be to the rear of the centre of gravity, this would cause a bit of tilt when carrying.

2 The securing jack(sie) screw has a left hand thread. This is counter intuitive and could cause colonic compression if operated incorrectly.

Anyone else have any ideas?

JimB

LOL :D.
Given your disability, I'd fit wheels on the carrier.

Hi Guys

Thanks for the input .. ..

Jim ..

1 The carrying handle appears to be to the rear of the centre of gravity, this would cause a bit of tilt when carrying.

Balance calculations and prototype testing suggest that this would only be the case AFTER the dog has relieved itself ..

2 The securing jack(sie) screw has a left hand thread. This is counter intuitive and could cause colonic compression if operated incorrectly.

For safe operation the equipment must be operated with the dog facing you, therefore the left hand thread would be operated in reverse of normal direction, that is, as a right hand thread. Tests suggest a degree of colonic compression aids a speedy outcome once released.

Any further suggestions would be appreciated

S

You're going to adjust that screw by hand? Far too simple. At the very least there ought to be an MCU-controlled stepper-motor there somewhere ;).

Were it up to me, I'd apply that apparatus to the site warden rather than to the dog; every time he starts another profane rant, just turn the screw a little bit more...

Personally I am just ornery enough that if someone got after me for something that dumb I would probably go and pee where ever it was he didn't like myself then ask him if I need to carry myself around afterwards. :D

Now as far as creativity gone mad I prefer mad creativity in situations like this.
For a really annoying get back at him mix up a few gallons of water with household ammonia and then draw a picture on his grass with it. In a few weeks the grass will start growing a bit faster and darker where the ammonia water was making for a damn hard to erase picture! :troll:

The plug is of the wrong shape. See human toys designed for the same orifice. The upgrade for the dog is,of course,
the sybian.

A dog did it's business on a neighbors lawn and the owner did not pick it up. The owner was politely told about it. Eventually, a future excrement ended up on the dogs's owner's front steps. It cured the problem of not being picked up.

Then there was the lady, who kept getting stuff delivered to her house stolen. She replaced the contents with either cat or dog excrement. The problem went away.

I would definitely make that a cork on the end of the screw, for a comfort fit, of course nothing squeeks like cork ;)

KISS you naughty bugger. I checked "the sybian" out on Wikipedia..even a promotional Video with sound there...sounds like some serious machinery sits under the exposed hood :p

Regards,
tv

Interesting choice of phrase in view of what a sybian is ? Kinda implies you know more about the activity and KISS than you're admitting !! :D

S

Interesting choice of phrase in view of what a sybian is ? Kinda implies you know more about the activity and KISS than you're admitting !! :D

S

Nah...see the little "spoiler" button under KISS post...push it and see. Copy and paste that into Google = Voila....something learned :wideyed:

Regards,
tv

I learn something new every day. Life is an adventure...within reason :)

Regards,
tv

Kind of a take on the cat carrier...

Attachments

• cat-carrier-joke-Tabby-Tote-domestic-animals-humor-pic.jpg
    cat-carrier-joke-Tabby-Tote-domestic-animals-humor-pic.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 236
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back