Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Machined Pin Socket 'shoulder' dimension?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike - K8LH

Does anyone have a micrometer and the ability to measure the diameter of the shoulder of the machined pin on a Mill-Max socket? I'd be ever so grateful.

I'm using a 40-pin socket, Mill-Max part # 110-99-640-41-0010000.

I'd also be interested in the same 'shoulder' pin diameter on the relatively common Chinese 'round pin' sockets. Are the dimensions similar to the Mill-Max product.

TIA guys. Happy Holidays, Mike

Dimension.png

Attachments

• Mill-Max 110-99-640-41-001000.pdf
    138.4 KB · Views: 180
Hi, Ron. Yes, I saw that but the "MINIMUM DIAMETER" is the part that scares me. I was hoping someone could actually Mic' it and give me "real" dimension. I guess I should probably ask Mill-Max...

Thank you, Sir. Cheerful regards, Mike

When I drive into garages some say MAX HEIGHT 2.1M, some MIN HEIGHT 2.1M - both mean the same. Could the 0.052 be the minimum hole size for the part?

Mike.

When I drive into garages some say MAX HEIGHT 2.1M, some MIN HEIGHT 2.1M - both mean the same. Could the 0.052 be the minimum hole size for the part?

Mike.
I'm not sure, Mike. I'll have to write to Mill-Max and ask.

I'd like to make a small 0.8-mm thick PCB that solders onto the shoulder of the pins on the machined pin socket for a retro project I'm working on. It seems the plating on the through-hole is 0.0008" thick. So 0.052" + 0.0016" = 0.0536". I used a 0.055" hole size in the PCB below but I really really hate to blow $7 to get boards made if the hole size is wrong...

573.png

Last edited:
Ok, I ordered my first board and the 0.055" hole size worked out perfectly on the Mill-Max socket as well as the less expensive Chinese socket. Whew! There's a picture of an assembled unit in the drawing below...

Cheers, guys...
6502-on-breadboard.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back