Machined Pin Socket 'shoulder' dimension?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike - K8LH

Does anyone have a micrometer and the ability to measure the diameter of the shoulder of the machined pin on a Mill-Max socket? I'd be ever so grateful.

I'm using a 40-pin socket, Mill-Max part # 110-99-640-41-0010000.

I'd also be interested in the same 'shoulder' pin diameter on the relatively common Chinese 'round pin' sockets. Are the dimensions similar to the Mill-Max product.

TIA guys. Happy Holidays, Mike

Attachments

• Mill-Max 110-99-640-41-001000.pdf
    138.4 KB · Views: 191
Hi, Ron. Yes, I saw that but the "MINIMUM DIAMETER" is the part that scares me. I was hoping someone could actually Mic' it and give me "real" dimension. I guess I should probably ask Mill-Max...

Thank you, Sir. Cheerful regards, Mike

When I drive into garages some say MAX HEIGHT 2.1M, some MIN HEIGHT 2.1M - both mean the same. Could the 0.052 be the minimum hole size for the part?

Mike.

When I drive into garages some say MAX HEIGHT 2.1M, some MIN HEIGHT 2.1M - both mean the same. Could the 0.052 be the minimum hole size for the part?

Mike.
I'm not sure, Mike. I'll have to write to Mill-Max and ask.

I'd like to make a small 0.8-mm thick PCB that solders onto the shoulder of the pins on the machined pin socket for a retro project I'm working on. It seems the plating on the through-hole is 0.0008" thick. So 0.052" + 0.0016" = 0.0536". I used a 0.055" hole size in the PCB below but I really really hate to blow $7 to get boards made if the hole size is wrong...

Last edited:
Ok, I ordered my first board and the 0.055" hole size worked out perfectly on the Mill-Max socket as well as the less expensive Chinese socket. Whew! There's a picture of an assembled unit in the drawing below...

Cheers, guys...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…