Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LTSpice Simulation with 74HC4046

Status
Not open for further replies.

blafoo23

Hello,
this is my first post in this forum, I just stumbled about the LTSpice model for the 74HC4046 made by alec_t in this thread:
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/new-spice-model-for-cd4046b-phase-locked-loop-ic.149093/

First of all I want to say thank you for sharing the work.

Anyway, I could not get it running.
I tried the type CD74HC4046Ag from alec_t, as well as the version of Konstantin Paksutov, which can be also found in the thread.

Ich checked my values with the calculator, that can be found here:
https://www.changpuak.ch/electronics/4046_VCO_Calculator.php

As well as I did the calculations. I had this circuit also running on a breadboard before. This I need to check again.

Sadly. the circuit is not locking at all. It should lock between 1.76 MHz and 1.93 MHz.
I'm a bit stuck and I hope somebody sees the mistake I probably made or can provide me a working example, so I could follow that.

I attached the files from alec_t and Konstantin, as well as my circuit. I edited the symbol order, to fit it better into my circuit.

Thank you a lot, it would help me for my masters thesis.
Steffen

EDIT: Maybe shortly explained, what I want to do: I want to use the voltage at VCO_IN to detect the frequency of the input signal. I'm expecting ca, 1.1V at 1.84 MHz and 3.9 V ant 2 MHz. But it doesn't matter what, it is 2,5 V.

Attachments

• 2021-03-27_14h06_32.png
    2021-03-27_14h06_32.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 474
  • 2021-03-27_14h07_55.png
    2021-03-27_14h07_55.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 463
  • konstantin.zip
    3.6 KB · Views: 318
  • alec_t.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 346
Last edited: