Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LTspice model for CD4060B 14-stage binary clock/counter

Status
Not open for further replies.

alec_t

Most Helpful Member
Attached are LTspice simulation model files I made for this popular IC. The model is not a stand-alone one; it requires use of input filter and output driver models found in the CD4000.lib and CD4000_v.lib libraries freely downloadable from the Yahoo LTspice User Group. The model is a development of the CD4020B model found in those libraries, with functional additions and modifications.
To use this new model you will need one or both of those libraries installed in the sub folder where LTspice can find them. Copy and paste the contents of the .txt file into the library/ies. Put the .asy file in LTspice's /lib/sym/CD4000 folder. I've included a .asc Test file. Have fun :).

Attachments

• CD4060Bg-model.txt
    3.2 KB · Views: 1,247
  • CD4060Bg.asy
    2 KB · Views: 993
  • CD4060Bg-Test.asc
    1.1 KB · Views: 1,019
Hi,
I use LTspice XVII and I got the following screen after i use CD4060Bg-Test.asc

Please tell me what is wrong.

Peter Antal

The model isn't where LTS expects to find it.
1) Did you paste the contents of the .txt file into the CD4000_v.lib file?
2) Assuming you're using Windows10, is that .lib file in your ....User/Documents/LTspiceXV11/lib/sub folder?

I've downloaded the above files from the LTspice group at iogroups. They are all in the directory where I am currently working. I can open the schematic and the symbol. I open the test schematic and try it run it and I get the error...

---------------------------
LTspice XVII
Unknown subcircuit called in:
xu1 n006 n002 0 n005 nc_01 nc_02 nc_03 nc_04 n003 n004 nc_05 nc_06 nc_07 nc_08 vdd 0 cd4060bg vdd=5 speed=1.0 tripdt=5e-9
OK

I've tried renaming the .txt file to .lib and then changed the full name to CD4060Bg.lib Still the same error.

Any suggestions? Is .lib the wrong extension?

Oh, yeah, somewhere I saw CD4000_v.lib was needed, so it is in the same directory.

Rick

The CD4060Bg model isn't in the standard CD4000 library from the LTspice group, so far as I know; it's one I created and added to my copy of the library. Did you follow the post #1 instructions to the letter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back