Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LTspice Automatic Trace Annotation

Status
Not open for further replies.

crutschow

Most Helpful Member
I was just using LTspice when I noticed that one of the plot traces had an annotation near it with an arrow pointing to the trace that gave the trace value at that point with the time value.
That's a neat feature.
Unfortunately I have no idea how that was generated and was unable to duplicate it.
Also couldn't find anything on the web about that particular feature.
Anyone know how it's done?
Wally

If this is what you got,

Clipboard01 crustchow.png

By right clicking on the pane, the DRAW option allows text and some graphic tools.

Attachments

• Clipboard01 crustchow.png
    Clipboard01 crustchow.png
    8.3 KB · Views: 273
If this is what you got,

View attachment 111058

By right clicking on the pane, the DRAW option allows text and some graphic tools.
No. I know how to do it manually.
This annotation came up with the the value at a specific spot on the trace, sort of like this (which I did manually).

upload_2018-2-21_15-45-11.png

But no manual entry was required for the one I originally saw.

I vaguely recall seeing something like you describe. And no, it did not look like drawn by the user. :(

Nearest to what you describe:

In a time-domain plot, move the cursor to the trace legend at the top, hold down "shift", and left mouse click the trace name.

Then drag the vertical cursor line along the plot trace.

A second shift, left click brings up the second cursor line, and now you can see deltas along the trace.

I was just using LTspice when I noticed that one of the plot traces had an annotation near it with an arrow pointing to the trace that gave the trace value at that point with the time value.
That's a neat feature.
Unfortunately I have no idea how that was generated and was unable to duplicate it.
Also couldn't find anything on the web about that particular feature.
Anyone know how it's done?
Wally

Using LTspice XVII:
1. With a trace displayed in the waveform viewer, click the trace label so a cursor is displayed.
2. Drag the cursor to the point on the trace where you want the value displayed.
3. Rht-clk, select "Draw", then select "Cursor Position". An arrow with the value will be displayed.
4. You can then drag the cursor to the next point of interest and perform step 3 again to display another value.

eT

Hooray! :D
Thanks, eTech, that does what I was asking about.
In LTspice IV you go to Plot Settings/Notes & Annotations for the Label Curs. Pos. command.

Here's an example plot with the annotations:
It doesn't have a box around the data as I misremembered. :oops:

upload_2018-2-21_20-0-34.png

Last edited:
Hooray! :D
Thanks, eTech, that does what I was asking about.
In LTspice IV you go to Plot Settings/Notes & Annotations for the Label Curs. Pos. command.

Here's an example plot with the annotations:
It doesn't have a box around the data as I misremembered. :oops:

View attachment 111060

Nice!

If you want boxes you have to draw them manually. Problem is...if you have to move them...they are separate entities so they don't move together.

eT

If you want boxes you have to draw them manually. Problem is...if you have to move them...they are separate entities so they don't move together.
I didn't necessarily want boxes. I just thought I had seen a box, but obviously their wasn't. :confused:

You can move them as a group by drawing a box around them when using the Move command.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back