Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LT SPice models

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a pot I don't bother with a library. I just put in two resistors where the upper resistor has a value {(1-k)*R} and the lower resistor has a value {k*R} where 0.001<k<0.999 and R is the end-to-end resistance of the pot. I would use .Param k=0.5, R=10K to model a 10K pot with the wiper in the middle. A plot of V(vsk) vs the value of k is shown.

pot.png

Notice the non-linear behavior of a "loaded" pot:

pot1.png

there are also switches that are controlled by a voltage, you can use these as relay contacts.

Of course with a pot model you do get a funky symbol to play with. I've an idea there is one of them you can set as a percentage.

That's a good idea though Mike, I would never have thought of it. Amount of time I've spent adjusting PDs in LTSpice, could have been so much easier!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back