Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lpg ecu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened to me was I replace the MAF sensor in a car because of a code and then the new sensor left my mom stranded with no codes set. You could not keep the engine running. Very rough idle if you kept giving it gas. Take foot off the gas and stall.

Since I just replaced the sensor, I disconnected it. Mom drove my car home and I went directly to the store (Autozone) I bought the sensor from and changed it in the parking lot.

There was an autoforum that I posted in where his problem stumped everyone. It was the MAF sensor.

Two sensors have similar names:
MAF - Mass Air Flow
MAP - Manifold Air Pressure

The MAF is a basically a heated wire and the air cools it. The amount of cooling is converted to mass air flow. The wire can get contaminated or break. The MAP sensor essentially does altitude compensation.

KISS, How would the MAF sensor be their issue?
" It runs smooth on petrol problems start when lpg kicks in. "
They have reported that things work fine when running on normal gas and they only have an issue when using the lpg system (propane?). If it was the MAF sensor then the problem would likely happen on both fuel system.

The symptom they describe to me sounds more like when the pedal is mashed it supplies too much or too little lpg fuel.
I think @Musicmanger has the right idea on this one on. Definently something to do with supply of lpg. I really doubt its hardware failure in the ECU, sounds more like software issue or external mechanical issue outside the ecu all together.

The LPG system usually has a separate MAP sensor which easy to find by following the vacuum tube off the side of the atomiser body. A common fault is that vacuum tube developing a split, often close the the MAP sensor, which inhibits the diaphragm in the atomiser causing fuel starvation under load.

The other common fault is dirty injectors .. .. .. over time the injector needles collect a sticky coating which slows the operation, sometimes to a halt.
Google shows a variety of cleaning methods depending on the type of injectors you have .. .. ..

MM

The LPG system usually has a separate MAP sensor which easy to find by following the vacuum tube off the side of the atomiser body. A common fault is that vacuum tube developing a split, often close the the MAP sensor, which inhibits the diaphragm in the atomiser causing fuel starvation under load.

The other common fault is dirty injectors .. .. .. over time the injector needles collect a sticky coating which slows the operation, sometimes to a halt.
Google shows a variety of cleaning methods depending on the type of injectors you have .. .. ..

MM
Thanks
I already cleaned injectors they r ok.
I will find the sensor and check it.
For now it seems OK accept low rpm loading.

Ok, well as I said earlier, if you've had the ECU in bits it will probably need re-calibration, which you LPG technician should have done, hence my sarcastic comment !

Who is ECB manufacturer ?

MM

OK, difficult to help any further .. .. .. .

.. .. .. you need to find an LPG technician who knows what they're doing and can connect to your ECU. The software will without doubt tell exactly what the problem is .. .. .. .. .

.. .. .. .. if you can identify the ECU so you have the right software, you should be able to do the re-calibration yourself - most of the software is available on the net.

MM

OK, difficult to help any further .. .. .. .

.. .. .. you need to find an LPG technician who knows what they're doing and can connect to your ECU. The software will without doubt tell exactly what the problem is .. .. .. .. .

.. .. .. .. if you can identify the ECU so you have the right software, you should be able to do the re-calibration yourself - most of the software is available on the net.

MM
I will try to find maker thanks

Attachments

• 53DB0277-89BA-4724-9DCA-DF722EBA767E.jpeg
    53DB0277-89BA-4724-9DCA-DF722EBA767E.jpeg
    367.2 KB · Views: 254
Morning

The ECU is a EuropeGas product and according to my listing OKCAN was made for a turkish market, which I know nothing about. However, the EuropeGas software for calibration should be available.

The damage shown in your second pic would probably stop it working too well ? :) but looks repairable .. .. .. ..

MM

Morning

The ECU is a EuropeGas product and according to my listing OKCAN was made for a turkish market, which I know nothing about. However, the EuropeGas software for calibration should be available.

The damage shown in your second pic would probably stop it working too well ? :) but looks repairable .. .. .. ..

MM
Yes Okcan is Turkish but they don't do in country now because of its high price.

I tried it looks bad but there is contact.
Should the marked points touch repair wire??
It is the yellow condansator on 2nd pic.
Thanks for great help!!
911111DE-398F-4D64-846E-79E0A9D21BEF.jpeg
571D038F-2C17-4F93-AC13-96DF96E7E137.jpeg

Should the marked points touch repair wire??
It is the yellow condansator on 2nd pic.

I haven't got a clue !
Without a schematic, your guess is as good as anybodys !

someone on ETO with a better idea of the possibilities may be able to give you better advice on that.

Am I guessing right, you're in Turkey ?

MM

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back