Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

low power analog wind sensor / anemometer

Status
Not open for further replies.
audioguru said:
The analog part of the circuit uses slow LM324 opamps that work poorly at ultrasonic frequencies, and their input polarities are backwards.

The input capacitor's value is so tiny that it passes frequencies only above about 1MHz and the feedback capacitor's value is so big that it cuts frequencies above about 7kHz.
That's pathetic. I wonder what grade the guy got?

For the design, I am now able to use a 5V voltage supply. I decided to use a dc-dc step up to get from 3V to 5V to facilitate the design. I found this:
https://www.texaselectronics.com/pdf/TV%204%20wind.pdf

It seems to provide everything I need: factory calibrated, analog output, and low wind speed sensing. However, I can't seem to find a price or vendor for it. Has anyone purchased a texas electronics product before?

crice said:
For the design, I am now able to use a 5V voltage supply. I decided to use a dc-dc step up to get from 3V to 5V to facilitate the design. I found this:
https://www.texaselectronics.com/pdf/TV%204%20wind.pdf

It seems to provide everything I need: factory calibrated, analog output, and low wind speed sensing. However, I can't seem to find a price or vendor for it. Has anyone purchased a texas electronics product before?
Contact them.

Paul Obrien said:
Which option are you looking at the 5V or self-powered?

I was thinking of going with the 5V (max supply) option. How does self-powered function? (I'm not familiar with it).

Hello, I made a comercial wind sensor / anemometer using an off-the-shelf detector (egg cup style) as I remeber this was a cheap item, if you want I can try and find the item again.

I use a 16f627a to count pulses from the sensor, and display them on 8 leds, there is a button on the unit to set an alarm point that triggers when the desired led lights.

Let me know if this is of any interest to you, oh and this would run from 3V ;)

Thank you Matt, can I get a PM with more information regarding that?

I found this circuit while searching online:
**broken link removed**

This circuit seems to be almost exactly what I want (basically the analog voltage output), except that the given values for R1, R2, and R3 only measure up to 250fpm of air speed. No one on that website, or the original creator's website, has information on how to provide values for R1, R2, and R3. Anyone have ideas? I'm sending off an email to the original creator of the circuit to see if I can find out more.

Did you ask Chemelec thru this forum? He's a long time member, you know ... Of course he might be on holiday ...
JB

Last edited:
jbeng said:
Did you ask Chemelec thru this forum? He's a long time member, you know ... Of course he might be on holiday ...
JB
He just got back from Europe. Gary, if you're tuned in... Nice pictures!

Ron

Hello, the company that supplies the sensor is **broken link removed**
Sorry, I havn't got a part number for the sensor, but I do know that they have 2 magnets on the shaft pulsing a reed switch so very low power needed to detect the pulses ;)

I can't PM or post the hex for this, as this unit is still in production, but I may be able to give you some info for this sensor regarding speeds and possibly some detection asm.

I hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back