Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Low Cost Microphone Solution ? Open to Anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

killivolt

We have 2 New rooms we are moving to. The Classrooms Broadcast using Tandberg Video Teleconference Units.

We have a room currently which uses a Ceiling mount active Microphone. We could not see a problem with using these in our new rooms.

Since I recently used this room to divert a Conference to just see how it would Perform as a receiving location I discovered a problem.

When someone turns on a Microphone in a end location the Video will switch to that location. Which is how it works aVoice activated video switching.

Normally in a Conference with a Ceiling mount active Microphone it is fine because the Professor will need to have the floor at all times. The Ceiling mount will switch the video back after someone has asked a question which is no Problem.

But if the room is needed as a receive location the problem will be that the open mic will steal the video from someone else who is Presenting a Conference. So, somehow I need neutralize the mic until it is needed.

So my thought is...

A. Do I create a button for Students to open relay Contacts in line with the Microphone ?

B. Do I get a learning IR box that will send Mute function to the Video Teleconference unit. From each student in the room. 12 students per room.

C. Create a GUI inter phase that with a mouse click from Computer at each Desk of the students in the room will mute the Video Teleconference unit from the Network.

D. Your suggestion which is better than any I can come up with.

Thanks to anyone willing to Contribute.

kv

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back