Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

lost on mac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Click Finder, then Applications, then Calculator. I did not look to see if it was SN, but I would think it would have that option.

EDIT: Click Finger was to bo Click Finder.. Bet it looked like a joke.

Last edited:
Get rid of the mac......

I HATE Windows. But you can get any program you need for it and free in most cases. So I am with stressed out Mark on the Mack... :)

I have in my house 8+ PCs and 1 MAC Quadra.. Now my kids would kill me if I got rid of the mac. Great game machine/screen on it.

Macs rool!

Unix rox... OSX is BSD Unix.

I just like the non-gui version of the mac that runs on a lot of non-Mac hardware..

But I will not be running MPLABS, Eagle CAD, etc, etc.. So get used to Winbloze.

I am starting to loose my love for windows, too. But i will NEVER, EVER, buy a mac. I am a die-hard PC fan. Linux sucks, too. Sure, it looks awesome, and it is becoming more and more compatible with windows. But the problem is, you would have to be the programmer to understand how to use the d@mn thing! Come on! You have to screw around with the flippin' konsole to just install a SIMPLE program! AHH!

Some one should make a better OS.

I saw Amiga has an OS4 coming, but have since 2004.. And there was a Plan 9, that went away as well.

I heard months ago Google was doing and OS. That would be cool.

mramos1 said:
I saw Amiga has an OS4 coming, but have since 2004.

It's a big pity the Amiga died off, it was so far ahead of everything else - when the PC was running DOS only, had only mono-text capability (no graphics), and the only sound was a 'beep' - the Amiga was running a fully multi-tasking GUI (which still multi-tasks better than any modern PC), hi-res colour graphics, sampled stereo sound - and proper long file names (unlike current PC's!).

If the Amiga had developed at the rate of PC hardware they would be truely amazing by now! - obviously a BIG advantage was their choice of a Motorola processor over the inferior Intel designs (which still hold the PC back).

Nigel Goodwin said:
If the Amiga had developed at the rate of PC hardware they would be truely amazing by now! - obviously a BIG advantage was their choice of a Motorola processor over the inferior Intel designs (which still hold the PC back).

I will take a Moto over an Intel anyday as well. No segements, faster speed. Funny how IBM and Microsoft drove us into these still slow, virus infected machines :D

I will have to go read the article. See if it is to run on the Intel platform.

The article https://www.templeoftech.com/viewarticlepage.cka?articleid=62&pageid=1

Amiga.org, they are still around...

I heard months ago Google was doing and OS. That would be cool.

*Drool*

I hope this is true. Were did you hear it from? I would like to see for myself. :D

If Google do an OS the it will probably be Linux based and therefore (in your oppion) will be crap. I however would love it if Google released a Linux distro, I think they're the only ones with enough money to make Linux compete with Winwoes on a real level.

Mark256/Hero999:

I think I saw it on slashdot.org. They have a search on the site.

And if Linux, though I am a BSD fan, I will go with it. More stable and faster that NT kernel..

Imagine, the MAC is BSD and I will not go Mac. :) They charge too much for there hardware, lock it to their people, and no breaks on price.

I have a Mac G5 quad 2.5 I think it is (company machine). But I do not use it, my kids do. I have thought about taking their 23" screen though.

thanks all
i'm back on my other machine again ..
with all my favorite stuff on it , emachineshop , mplab , my new pascal pic stuff , ect . ect..

williB said:
thanks all
i'm back on my other machine again ..
with all my favorite stuff on it , emachineshop , mplab , my new pascal pic stuff , ect . ect..

I pulled that emachineshop and never tried anything with it..

Have you ordered from them or just make things like Autotrax EDA?

Hi Guy's,
I was recently talking with the guy's on irc and a couple of them have successfully ported linux to run native on a mac :eek: . When I saw they were using a mac I suggested filling the case with lead and making a boat anchor as thats all a mac is good for :rolleyes: . Anyway from what they said running linux on the mac is way quicker than an intel based machine so the mac has atleast one thing going for it.

Cheers Bryan :D

mramos1 said:
I pulled that emachineshop and never tried anything with it..

Have you ordered from them or just make things like Autotrax EDA?
i mostly do my layouts for alternators with emachneshop,
magnet size, coil size , rotor dia, ect..

bryan1 said:
Anyway from what they said running linux on the mac is way quicker than an intel based machine so the mac has atleast one thing going for it.
Macs are now Intel based.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back