Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lorenz Metal Detector ? - Made in Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.

easytim

I'm building my own 40" coil for a Lorenz Deepmax Metal detector. I have the the right three conductor cable I need, but I don't have any ideas where to find an electrical tee or the light blue filler used to seal the soldering connections.

I believe the light blue chalking is a dielectric material because this is a 40" coil for a metal detector, to use something other dieelectric would render the coil useless.

Any ideas on what the blue material is?
I think this is important to use the right filler when sealing it

Any ideas what I might use to connect the wires in?

Mike 2545 - had some ideas, I'm just looking for a couple of more

**broken link removed**

... I don't have any ideas where to find an electrical tee or the light blue filler used to seal the soldering connections...

Hardware store.

... I believe the light blue chalking is a dielectric material because this is a 40" coil for a metal detector...

If it was 30" it would be a different material ?? Silicone, available in many colors

...to use something other dieelectric would render the coil useless...

Why ?

Any ideas on what the blue material is?

Silicone sealer, gasket maker, RTV.

Any ideas what I might use to connect the wires in?

Solder, shrink tubing, RTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back