Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking idea for project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parth86

Hello
I need advice for RTOS project. suppose I have microcontroller connected to Switch , keypad ,LCD,LED and Motor. so hardware part is ready. Now I have to develop embedded software program. I don't know what my hardware can do with RTOS program. Can someone give me assignment or task on what type of task my device can do with rtos program.
RTOS BASED SYSTEM.png
RTOS BASED SYSTEM.png

Micro?.. 8051?
I am not really going to implement. but I will use ARM Cortex-M microcontrollers. actually I am looking the smallest example of RTOS program that do only few things than I can add another features. I just want to someone give me some advice for small program. later we will add some features step by step. what do you think , what will the simple rtos program. actually It has been long time I am searching but not getting right direction. all I have seen is very complex program

Last edited by a moderator:
There's no need for an RTOS for such a simple system, it would be a lot smaller, faster, more efficient and easier to write without one.
Yas I know But I am Looking RTOS program that should be small , easy and once i understand than I can increase complexity of program by adding new features . what do you think what would be small and easy example of rtos for beginner ?

as a Rtos developer what you can develop for beginner
I'm not.... I wouldn't use one.... I can achieve what I need from normal procedural programming..

RTOS in my view, is really for complex programming where accurate timing is needed... Tasks done in turn.. As I said, I can achieve that anyway!!

I'm not.... I wouldn't use one.... I can achieve what I need from normal procedural programming..

RTOS in my view, is really for complex programming where accurate timing is needed... Tasks done in turn.. As I said, I can achieve that anyway!!

I agree, there seems little need for RTOS in microcontrollers, which after all only does what WE do ourselves, but at much greater waste of resources.

I suspect the OP somehow imagines that using an RTOS will make it simpler for him?, while the opposite is actually true.

I suspect the OP somehow imagines that using an RTOS will make it simpler for him?, while the opposite is actually true.
No. I am not going to develop really. see my post first I have mentioned that I need someone who can help me to understand simple rtos program or can give me task in right direction. I was looking for small program that define some features of rtos. after that I will try to understand complex part. and add some features step by step.
but still I am struggling

An RTOS..

Creates an operating system...

Usually a timer set to fire every 10mS or so.

You need several software stacks... Each stack mimic's a mini system.. We need to save all local variables and running registers...

The first task: - load the relevant task 1 program counter, working register, flag register and all local variables
execute x many commands.​
The Second task: - load the relevant task 2 program counter, working register, flag register and all local variables
execute x many commands.​
and so on..

One task is usually a watchdog ensuring that other tasks are behaving..

You really need a bit of data memory when using an RTOS... The smallest RTOS is around 6K of code space, so small and mid sized pics are out!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back