Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for info on this CMOS camera. "MCNEX A300_1.3M"

Status
Not open for further replies.

()blivion

Hello hello, looking to make use of this sweet little CMOS micro color camera I pulled from a cell phone...
(note that it is sitting on a dime... not a nickel or quarter.)
View attachment 68669

But as it always is with pulling digital things, you can't make use of it if you don't have the pinout/datasheet. So I'm trying my luck here in the off chance that one of you may know the part, or similar part, and can thus give me a clue on how to interface with it.

Here is what I already know...

Manufacturer: **broken link removed**
Cell model: Cricket MSGM8
Phone SoC: Qualcomm QSC6055
Resolution: 1.3M pixel
# of Pins: 24

And here is the pinout I have so far. . . (As seen looking at the PCB. Mirror for the camera.)

View attachment 68667

Notes:
(1) I KNOW the ground pins are ground as I DMM'ed them to the cell PCB ground plane.
(2) I highly suspect the + power pins because the traces are noticeably fatter AND they look to have decoupling caps on them.
(3) Pins 8 and 9 have 2K2 pull-up resistors on them really close to the camera connector, and are the only pins like this.
(4) All the other pins on the PCB show about 0.7-1.0V drop to ground, both probe polarities.
(5) (4) is true most likely because the SoC is for sure toast :)/)
(6) Finally, note that without the power pins there are exactly 16 pins remaining, a good number.

Conclusion
I suspect the key to figuring this out is going to be through the SoC and knowing that they usually have support hardware on them specifically for use with camera modules. And as such, it more than likely follows a normal standard of some kind, as that is a requirement if such support hardware. I myself don't know the standards for such things though, nor the first place to go looking. And even if it does fit an electrical standard, that doesn't prove a particular pinout. In any case, I have Googled the whole thing to death and got nothing of use toward actually making the thing work. So if anyone knows what this would be, pinouts, datasheets, or any general "how you should interface to this" advice. I would really appreciate it if you would share with me.

Thank you for your time.
-()b

P.S.
I am considering writing an email to MCNEX but not expecting to get much help from them if I do. I think it's a discontinued product, so I can't really pretend to be a manufacturer looking to use them in a new product or anything. That... and I can't really speak Korean.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back