Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for basic info for hall sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce Baker

Having trouble finding what and where to buy the right hall sensor for my project. I need a hall sensor for North magnetic pole turn on for 12 v DC and can handle 30 amps!
Can someone point me to the right piece?
Bruce

Having trouble finding what and where to buy the right hall sensor for my project. I need a hall sensor for North magnetic pole turn on for 12 v DC and can handle 30 amps!
Can someone point me to the right piece?
Bruce

Find a hall sensor and a 30A relay ("contactor")

First I would find a hall effect sensor which suits your application.
HALL EFFECT SENSING AND APPLICATION
Then since you mention handling 30 Amps I would find a MOSFET which will handle the load current and voltage you want to handle. Keep in mind that 30 amps is a heck of a lot of current. You may want to use your sensor to drive a small signal transistor which in turn will drive a larger relay or contactor to handle your current of 30 amps.

Ron

If you want a magnetic sensor that is polarized type, look at the Honeywell SS400 range, they have a few types.
You could then use it to switch a high current mosfet, could be done this way for just a couple of $$$'s.!
Does it Have to be polarized, BTW?
Max.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back