Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for a small parts organizer will allow resisters to be stored parallel to the drawer face

Status
Not open for further replies.

ampedtech

This may seem trivial, but you want what you want.

I have some older Akro-Mils small parts organizers that allow resisters, diodes and the like, to be stored parallel to the face of the drawer.
Akro-Mils no longer makes this 2-1/2" (inside measurement) of drawer width.

I also like the depth of the older drawers. They are only 1" deep so it is easy to get your fingers inside particularly if the partitions are deployed close together.

I have scrutinize the web looking for a different brand that might accommodate my needs.

It seems that all brands either offer a 2-1/8" or a much wider like 4" width drawer.

I can not be the only one with this dilemma.

Anybody have a tip to offer?

And a merry Christmas to all

drawer2.JPG

Just cut the leads shorter so they fit the 2-1/8" drawer. I have never needed the full-length lead. Or, switch to lower wattage resistors that are shorter. Or, switch to SMD resistors -- resistance is futile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back