Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking For A Schematic

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeusMC

I have an amplifier that was bought through an Electronics mag 20 years ago. It came in modular form and these were soldered together. It did work fine but not any more.
It has this on the front, Delta Physics C11 electric instrument preamplifier. P.66 lead and kbd. I've Googled looking for a schematic but can't find anything. Anyone any ideas?
Thanks.

What was the actual name of the magazine?
Could you tell the year?

Magazine name, issue number, month - anything ?

And, what country were you in when you read it?

ak

Was a UK magazine, 1995 give or take a year. Would have only been so many hobby type electronic magazines at that time.

Look on the World Radio History site, under UK magazines & see if you recognise anything.
Most issues are on there in pdf format.

Great thanks, might have been on the front cover, which would save trawling through the small ads trying to locate. The amp was not supplied as a diy kit. It was all pretty much preassembled, mostly only needing to connect up, through soldering a couple of amp modules.

Wireless World, Elektor, Everyday Practical Electronics, ...

Was it a British mag, or an American import?

ak

Except it wasn't a UK magazine - there was one called Practical Electronics though.

If the OP posts photos of the insides of his amp, it might help?.

Ahhh, how about Electronics World? It was one I would come across on the news stand in the late 70s / early 80s once in a while.

Ahhh, how about Electronics World? It was one I would come across on the news stand in the late 70s / early 80s once in a while.
Electronics World (a US mag) merged with Popular Electronics (*the* US mag) in 1972. Both names were on the cover for about 1 year, then EW faded away, so it was completely gone way before the OP's time frame.

So, Nigel, exactly how old are you?

ak

Electronics World (a US mag) merged with Popular Electronics (*the* US mag) in 1972. Both names were on the cover for about 1 year, then EW faded away, so it was completely gone way before the OP's time frame.

ak

I believe you are in error on this one.

Popular Electronics merged with Radio Electronics.

Screenshot_20210108-094350_Edge.jpg

Except it wasn't a UK magazine - there was one called Practical Electronics though.

OK I'll get some photos done and post them. Everyone else, thanks for the input.

Last edited:

Here are some pics. Can also serve as a stereo hi fi amp. On back has running left to right, bridge speaker, right speaker, left speaker, then two phonos, right stereo input and left stereo input.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    151.9 KB · Views: 213
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 194
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 203
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 192
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    141.6 KB · Views: 198
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    148.1 KB · Views: 206
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    136.3 KB · Views: 203

So, Nigel, exactly how old are you?

ak

I'm 65, and had a LARGE collection of UK Electronics magazines, many older than me :D I've since disposed of most of them, due to lack of space.

Elektor has been mentioned in this thread, but that's a Dutch magazine, although there was an English version.

Incidentally, my first magazine was Practical Electronics Dec 1968 (I still have it), my grandmother bought it me, and continued to buy it me every month until her death :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back