Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for a schematic for a spark generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

kev*.avr

Hi all
I am looking for a schematic for a spark generator.

The power supply would be a 12v car battery.
I have a auto coil and condencer / spark plug but do not know how to hook it up to create a spark.

I am looking to create a hot continious spark.

Looks like a 555 timer may be part of the solution.

I am a begginer so complete clarity is nessesary.

Thanks
KM

I've no experience with this but I'd try putting one of the PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) circuits together that have been posted here for DC motor or heater control. The output turns a power FET on/off. With a suitable FET and appropriate spike protection it might work. I printed out one of the articles (actually under home energy). One of the things I liked about it was that the parts were low cost and easy to obtain. The author did a nice job explaining how the circuit worked. I think this one ran at 400 Hz - might be good enough.

help

hey
i am also looking for a spark generator, tried using a relay at first to switch the current on/off but soon realised it was sparking inside the relay so no spark was being produced.
This is where i found the schematic for the 555 circuit (above) but just a couple of questions, would the 12v/6A supply kill the 555? and there is no protection for the transistor?
I am going to start building the circuit but i would just like to know what changes should be made to the circuit as i am fairly new to electronics!

Thanks
Kane

what is the spark generator ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back