Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Long range wireless video?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTechno13

Does anyone know of a good product for sending long range video? I want to control my bot with a xbee pro and I would prefer video to not give up when I have driven 2% of the xbees range. (1mile LOS) I would like to be able to run this bot without being able to see it so a camera is important. The camera itself can be wireless but I havn't found anything over 300ft or so. Most transmitters I have found are very expensive but on ebay there are ones which seem to be the crappy chineese bulk stuff but do have some very high wattage ratings. Example: **broken link removed**

Would anyone trust this or are there any ideas out there on long range video transmission.

They are expensive. No real way around that especially if you look for brand names (if you can even find any brand names to begin with).

**broken link removed**

2.4GHz 1 Mile (100mW) seems to be around $500-$600 for the transmitter, receiver, and camera, so that Ebay auction is looking like a steal. People use this kind of thing (the Chinese bulk kind) in their RC planes. Is that enough trust? I don't know what happens to your bot if you lose video, but it can't be worse than a pilot losing his video. There aren't any real alternatives to these "Chinese" things either because everything else is far too expensive (if you can even find it to begin with).

Last edited:
ha ha yes "Chinese" sorry 'bout that, my mistake. Thanks for the reply.

And seems that the ebay auctions are a bit inflated on their wattages. Everyone always has to one up. On the above site which I had previously ignored because of price shows a 3 miles rage is 1 watt. LOS of course but still... I might just have to spend the big bucks for a little piece of mind and returnability if things don't work out.

Last edited:
2.4ghz is easily blocked and interfered with, try looking for 900mhz stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back