Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

non RF wireless DTMF communication

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to control actions of my robot wirelessly with DTMF communication. I don't want to use use RF for this wireless transmission. I am using DTMF decoder IC 8870 and Atmega 128 controller. What should I do?
If there is any reliable method other than DTMF for the same then please let me know the same!

I want to control actions of my robot wirelessly with DTMF communication. I don't want to use use RF for this wireless transmission. I am using DTMF decoder IC 8870 and Atmega 128 controller. What should I do?
If there is any reliable method other than DTMF for the same then please let me know the same!

DTMF is probably the poorest method you could imagine using, which is why it's never been used for such purposes.

The modern way would be to send digital data, but for decades radio controled models used a simple pulse width scheme which directly controlled the servos.

If you're only wanting crude ON/OFF type functions, then remote control methods would do, using IR like your TV remote.

If you're only wanting crude ON/OFF type functions, then remote control methods would do, using IR like your TV remote.

I want simple ON/OFF functions only. Like for the time I keep pressing one button, one of the motors should keep rotating for the same time. Once I release the button, the motor should stop rotating like that.
Would be specific regarding circuit diagram or the components that would be required for your second solution? Is it TSOP and IR pair you are talking about?

Last edited:
I want simple ON/OFF functions only. Like for the time I keep pressing one button, one of the motors should keep rotating for the same time. Once I release the button, the motor should stop rotating like that.
Would be specific regarding circuit diagram or the components that would be required for your second solution? Is it TSOP and IR pair you are talking about?

TSOP - both IR and RF are covered in my PIC tutorials - the Sony SIRC's IR system is particularly easy to transmitter and receive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back