Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lolin ESP8266 NodeMCU Module programming Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

For The Popcorn

Most Helpful Member
After some time away from them I am trying to use a Lolin ESP8266 NodeMCU module with Arduino. I can't get the darned thing to load code.

I remember these modules don't have the typical NodeMCU auto-load feature. Ii remember there was some trick to pressing the FLASH and RST buttons to get this particular type of ESP8266 to load, but nothing I have done has worked so far.

Has anybody here got the secret to the Lolin module?

I've not used that style, but for the smaller ESP-01 version you need to hold a pin at ground when you connect power, to put it in bootloader mode.

Try holding the flash button while you press and release reset, then keep flash pressed for a second or two for it to boot in to that mode??

Thanks, I'll give that a try. I may have been out of sync.

Fortunately, the new boards I ordered arrived today, and they behave as expected for a NodeMCU. The download process is automatically handled by the board.

Project is back on take with good progress made tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back