Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Logic gates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are these all done correct ?

Attachments

• Logic symbols.JPG
    Logic symbols.JPG
    22.1 KB · Views: 228
I would call a logic inverter a "NOT" gate. The non inverting amplifier would be a buffer.

Some people speak English differently than other people. Most people call a truck a truck, not a LORRY. A car does not have a BOOT.
A washroom is not a LOO. My wife is my MATE, not my guy friend.

All the datasheets say that a logic inverter is a logic inverter, not a NOT gate.

I seem not to have explained very well.

The bottom left gate in the OP has the symbol of a buffer that does not invert. It is described as

"Non Inverting Amplifier"
"Not Gate"

What I meant to say was that a "Not Gate" would be an inverter, so to describe a buffer as that is wrong.

The description is saying that the "Non Inverting Amplfier" is not a gate (it is a buffer).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back