Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

load lifting

Status
Not open for further replies.

strasni_betmen

is there some kind of small electro-mechanical device suitable to be set under the load so that i can use it to lift load(max. 120kg) to heights of about 5cm and than turn it off, but so that load stays at the desired height?

Last edited:
Small linear electric acutuators can easily do that.

Dobri Den,

I needed an actuator like that. I went to a car junk yard, walked out with a scissor screw jack for $1. A small 12DC gear motor (window winder from the junk car yard), a couple of micro switches as limit switches, and I had my actuator. Holds last position with no power input, too.

Michael Mladejovsky, ex Prague.

I needed an actuator like that. I went to a car junk yard, walked out with a scissor screw jack for $1. A small 12DC gear motor (window winder from the junk car yard), a couple of micro switches as limit switches, and I had my actuator. Holds last position with no power input, too.

Now thats just a shame. I tossed out several good screw type car jacks and a bunch of seat motors last fall just to fill in a scrap iron run! Now I wish I would have kept them! :(

Happens to me a lot to (albeit with smaller stuff) I generally find two weeks after I throw something out I find something it would have been useful for.

Happens to me a lot to (albeit with smaller stuff) I generally find two weeks after I throw something out I find something it would have been useful for.

It's fear of that happening (and remembering how often it's happened to me) that makes my shop such a crazy pile of weird stuff. (Or, as my wife might put it, a "mess".)

Torben

It's fear of that happening (and remembering how often it's happened to me) that makes my shop such a crazy pile of weird stuff. (Or, as my wife might put it, a "mess".)

Torben

So it not just me... :)

Isn't that why we make them messy? To keep other people out? =)

Always worked well for me!
Plus it keeps the the "dont bother asking" borrowers at bay too! If you cant find it, then you have to ask in order to borrow it! ;)
And all of that "last place used" recalling keeps the memory sharp too! ;)

All this down home stuff scared away the Original Poster ;)

sorry my bad.
Wwwaiitttt a minute... your the one that brought up screw jacks and seat motors!:D

I just made a casual comment about tossing some out. Thats all.:p:)

I got a long ways to go before I ever catch those junk brothers! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back