Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LM3S811 Serial boot loader problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

lgsmallbird

Hi,people:
today , when i test the LM3S811 boot_serial and boot_demo1 examples, i met some problem.

steps describe:
1、i rebuild the boot_serial code and get the serial boot_serial.bin
2、using the LM Flash Programmer tools to download the boot_serial.bin into the eval board.
3、i rebuild the boot_demo1 code and get the boot_demo1.bin
4、using the LM Flash Programmer tools to download the boot_demo1.bin into the eval board, but this step i met the problem,some arguments of the LM flash as follows :
Interface:Serial(UART)
COM Port:Com8 (virtual port)
Baud rate:115200
Transfer size : 60
Disable Auto Band rate is selected
Program Address offset : 0x0800

When i do the step 4, the Lm flash programmer meets error:
**Error** failed to establish communication with the board

can somebody help me , what's the problem ?

very thanks!

I don't have any experience of the Texas/ Luminary Arm chips, but I do know that the eval boards use an FTDI chip for coms. These are very picky about what port you use. Do not use a USB hub of any kind, plug it directly into a port on the computer, one capable of providing the full 500mA. Make sure you know which COM port it's using as well (can be found and changed under "Ports" in Device Manager).
I'm not sure how you get the eval board into boot programming mode, but re-read the documentation and make sure you are performing the steps in the right order at the right time etc. Basic stuff I agree, but often the trees can't be seen for the forrest :)

rgds

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back