LM2917 tachometer cirquit problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at the coil (primary) signal with an oscilloscope. After you see what is there, design a circuit to work with that signal. You are grabbing a design off the internet with no understanding of what you are connecting it to.
Yes you are right because I dont know a lot about electronics. I think that all the 4cylinder cars with one coil and distributor have the same signal. So, I grabbed the the cirquit of the man that put that on a VW Beetle and has the same ignition with mine. So if I am beeing boring please excuse me but I dont know about that and I need your help. Thanks!

.... I think that all the 4cylinder cars with one coil and distributor have the same signal. So, I grabbed the the cirquit of the man that put that on a VW Beetle and has the same ignition with mine. ...
Is this is a Kettering Points-Condensor-Coil-Distributor type of ignition, or is it a more modern transistorized ignition with an ECU?

If it's a module like this

then the safest place to get a signal from would be the pickup coil of the distributor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…