Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LM2917 tachometer cirquit problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at the coil (primary) signal with an oscilloscope. After you see what is there, design a circuit to work with that signal. You are grabbing a design off the internet with no understanding of what you are connecting it to.
Yes you are right because I dont know a lot about electronics. I think that all the 4cylinder cars with one coil and distributor have the same signal. So, I grabbed the the cirquit of the man that put that on a VW Beetle and has the same ignition with mine. So if I am beeing boring please excuse me but I dont know about that and I need your help. Thanks!

.... I think that all the 4cylinder cars with one coil and distributor have the same signal. So, I grabbed the the cirquit of the man that put that on a VW Beetle and has the same ignition with mine. ...
Is this is a Kettering Points-Condensor-Coil-Distributor type of ignition, or is it a more modern transistorized ignition with an ECU?

If it's a module like this
gm-ign-module-schm.jpg
then the safest place to get a signal from would be the pickup coil of the distributor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back