lm2917 frequency voltage converter, non linear output?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That'd be me.

Kristian Semiconductor Corp

Our motto is: Sometimes they conduct, often they don't.

Last edited:
I have been using the LM2917 together with a induktive "standard" car sensor with 2 holes.
The post from StudentSA should help you a lot picking possible combinations in my opinion you should go for the
"C1 = 10nF .... R1 = 157232 maybe bit too high" option.
I have myself C1 =10nF, R1=360K (and C2 = 0,1uF), because the generated pulses per turnaround are few and short.
(my C1 is connected to pin 2 and C2 is parallel to R1 for reducing the small ripple, it is inverse to your diagram).
For me it generated a Voltage from 0,4V to 4V for 600U/min to 6000U/min (10-100Hz), I have 12V supply (Vcc).
This matches to the formula Vout = Vcc*f *R1*C1.
I also tried to change the offset to get higher voltage but in my case the output voltage became "stuck" about 6V.
So I decided to keep it in the 5V region and amplifying it externally with a seperate opamp/transistor.

Another thing, the length of the sensor cable hat significant effect, espesially when I was not using the original shielded cable. I recomment to hold tha cable as short as possible and if it becomes longer than 0,5 m use shielded sensor cable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…