Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

lm2917 frequency voltage converter, non linear output?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That'd be me. :)

Kristian Semiconductor Corp

Our motto is: Sometimes they conduct, often they don't.

Last edited:
I have been using the LM2917 together with a induktive "standard" car sensor with 2 holes.
The post from StudentSA should help you a lot picking possible combinations in my opinion you should go for the
"C1 = 10nF .... R1 = 157232 maybe bit too high" option.
I have myself C1 =10nF, R1=360K (and C2 = 0,1uF), because the generated pulses per turnaround are few and short.
(my C1 is connected to pin 2 and C2 is parallel to R1 for reducing the small ripple, it is inverse to your diagram).
For me it generated a Voltage from 0,4V to 4V for 600U/min to 6000U/min (10-100Hz), I have 12V supply (Vcc).
This matches to the formula Vout = Vcc*f *R1*C1.
I also tried to change the offset to get higher voltage but in my case the output voltage became "stuck" about 6V.
So I decided to keep it in the 5V region and amplifying it externally with a seperate opamp/transistor.

Another thing, the length of the sensor cable hat significant effect, espesially when I was not using the original shielded cable. I recomment to hold tha cable as short as possible and if it becomes longer than 0,5 m use shielded sensor cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back