Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

little problem with lm35

Status
Not open for further replies.

be80be

I just read the datasheet for maybe the 100 time in my life but the lm35 is really a 4 to 30 volt chip datasheet did say 4 to 5.5 at one time they changed that.
This is my problem I hook it up thinking what the heck I can get away with 3.3 volt supply nope that gives way lower reading then using a 5 volts supply.

So I read the data sheet and it said the lm35 can output a max of 6 volts if supply is high enough well 5 volt a guess maybe 4.3 high max
But I don't see it going over maybe a 1 volt max.

So I should be ok with it using 5 volt as long as the output never goes over 3.3 looks like that would never happen at 0 to 30c

hi be80.
As you know the LM35 is rated for a single supply of 5V, to work from +2C thru +150C, at 10mV/C change.
So that's 150 * 0.01V = 1.5V
Eric

That was my take too that it never get above 1.5 O figure maybe more like 1 volt Im never going to heat my house to 150C lol

Maybe 26 to 28 c
Now to figure where I can get 5 volts easy the board only has 3.3 broke out .

A 7660 will double the volts for you with just a few caps and the chip.

Screenshot from 2018-01-12 10-50-17.png

Something like this

Well found Burt.
Yes very much like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back