Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

liquid nitrogen generator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi John,

they do explain how oxygen is separated from nitrogen. I put a copy of the textfile in the attachment.

Hans

Sorry, I missed that description on the ELAN2 site. There are, of course, other ways to do it too.

I think the OP is missing the fact that these small LN2 plants are intended for small research and medical applications. One would not necessarily expect to find a price list, shopping cart, and instructions for using your Visa card to buy one. The companies don't want to waste time on non-serious inquiries or inquiries from locations to which they cannot ship. (I don't believe we know yet where the OP is located.)

The best advice, which has already been given a few times, is to call the company on a regular working day and ask the price. Be prepared to answer a few questions about intended use.

John

i mean no offence but as a kid (i have noidea of your age) be really careful messing around with this stuff. a while back at a place where i worked someone had some spilt over there leg!!! he is now a wheelchair user ;) go really careful its not stuff to play with despite what you tube would have you believe

Well you know how dumb rich kids are.
Got money so its got to spent it because theres always going to be more tomorrow right? :rolleyes:

So what type of parents say 'Well son your too young to drive but sure you can spend a few $10's of thousands of dollars on a liquid nitrogen generator for your bedroom because you want to play with super conductors this week.' anyway? :eek:

well i dont see why if he got that sort of cash laying about he dosnt go buy a reactor and tinker with a bit of fusion!! plus has the benifit of free electricity :D, all kinds of experiments spring to mind like makeing the niebours dog glow ect :D:D:D actualy thats got me thinking! i wonder if i have enough credit on the visa to go see if i can get a reactor on ebay!! i bet the shipping is high from north korea tho ;)

Last edited:
Okay guys here is what I want it for, its a superconducting motor scooter that uses a superconducting battery designed by ME!
download the attachment its a sketch up file.

Attachments

• superconductor.kmz.zip
    719.7 KB · Views: 175
Your economics teachers are going to love you! :eek:

So if your smart enough to build what ever you think your building how come you didn't set up the attachment so it would just automatically open? :confused:

I have no idea whats in your attachments. Viruses? some program to get my credit card numbers so you can get more money to buy more expensive toys? :eek:

P.S. You have to be over 18 to buy liquid nitrogen generators! :D

Which I assume your not or you would have bought yourself a vehicle with all that unlimited money you have and would have no need for a super conductor powered scooter. :rolleyes:

realisticaly how much to you have to develop this..............contraption??
just a rough figure will do

If you're a kid go to the nearest college lab which has LN2. You'll get better supervision with people who knows their stuff.

Remember that even for C02 gas in fire extinguishers, some guy I knew warned about it coz he handled the nozzle at the metal part, and his index finger snapped off, stuck to the pipe like it was made of Twisties when the conduit cooled off when C02 gushed out. We're talking liquid nitro for your case, ladies.

I've got a few customers who are 'money is no object' types as well.
I have them on 'Pay up front or the job doesn't get done' service plans because they dont have the money or the brains to do it themselves. :mad:

Great talkers though! In their minds they are going to conquer the world and be billionaire business tycoons any day too! :rolleyes:
To bad they cant figure out how to mange money well enough to make the payments and carry the responsibility's that would just get them out of their parents homes. :D

When your 35 and still live in your parents basement or spare room and have to borrow moms car because you cant afford to get yours insured, its not so much of a bragging point. :(

That You tube video makes no sense at all. It looks like a copper cable wrapped around a burned donut. :rolleyes:

So how is it supposed to work?
How much energy do you expect to realistically get from it and for how long in terms of practical Kw hours or watt hours?
And what will it cost to build and operate?

No offense but if this thing doesn't drive half way across the continent on one charge its just a fools toy and a giant waste of money that could be spent far more wisely. And I can guarantee that someday it will be greatly regretted for having been spent so foolishly. :(

I suspect in real life operation if it works at all it will probably get its butt handed to it in a endurance race between you and the 5 year old neighbor girl with her Fisher Price Barbie jeep!;)

That You tube video makes no sense at all. It looks like a copper cable wrapped around a burned donut. :rolleyes:

So how is it supposed to work?
How much energy do you expect to realistically get from it and for how long in terms of practical Kw hours or watt hours?
And what will it cost to build and operate?

No offense but if this thing doesn't drive half way across the continent on one charge its just a fools toy and a giant waste of money that could be spent far more wisely. And I can guarantee that someday it will be greatly regretted for having been spent so foolishly. :(

I suspect in real life operation if it works at all it will probably get its butt handed to it in a endurance race between you and the 5 year old neighbor girl with her Fisher Price Barbie jeep!;)

The doughnut is a superconductor. When a coil puts a pulse through the superconductor it makes the electrons in the superconductor go around and around and around making current go back into the coil like a motor. This keeps going until the liquid nitrogen is gone making the superconductor not super anymore.:D

personaly i think it would work better as a dohnut but then again i am a noob so what do i know

and what about seat insulation??? your arse is gonna get cold sitting on top of it :O

Last edited:
I think you need to study up on how super conductors work in regards to the actual energy storage and returns capabilities part. :(

If you put one watt of power in you can get most of it back out but the actual power you put in is not all that great and what you get back out is not all that great in return.

As far as I know being a super conductor device is not the same as being a super energy storage device. Its just very very conductive! ;)

I suggest buying a few good physics books first.
Then working with a local college or university that has access to the materials you want to experiment with.
When someone else is paying the bills they are all too happy to let you go nuts in the name of research! :D

Spend your money there and get documented recognition for it! That will be far more likely to pay off for you years from now! :)

Plus if your really making all this quick cash your going to need some big tax write offs!
And funding university research is a fast and easy way to get those write offs while you get something in return! :D

Last edited:
Go to the nearest hospital. They've got MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) machines. Those monsters use superconductors. Since you've got money, buy a scrapped model. Start from there.

I'm not going to warn you nothing.

Go to the nearest hospital. They've got MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) machines. Those monsters use superconductors. Since you've got money, buy a scrapped model. Start from there.

I'm not going to warn you nothing.

arnt those a bit too noisey for a bedroom???

hmm if you did incorporate it into a motor you would probally need a truck to pull it! i still think he would be better trying to find a nuckear reactor and doing experiments with that. one of those strapped to the scooter should give it enough power to pull a biy of weight, and not as noisey as a mri scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back