Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomSoft

Hey everyone, I want to learn linux for embedded programming. Im sure it would be best to learn linux for PC first. So i can get a feel for it. Can anyone point me to some books or links to sites where i can learn Linux.

I have a little cheapo netbook type device

CPU=WM8505
RAM=256mb
NAND=2GB

It can run Android and Windows CE ... Android runs off linux if im correct...
I would love to be able to make my own Kernel and such for this device.

It seems like a fun thing to learn and i know it will take a LONG LONG time but i think its worth learning.

So please help me out here. You know when i learn i share and everyone learns

I have run Linux on A bunch of stuff. That's what got me picking I wanted to run it on a Pic32 got some chips but realized
I have no board to use a 100 pin chip and there was not much out there at the time for the pic32 to mount it on but now there is. Maybe give it a try now

With one of these **broken link removed**

Last edited:
I found a Arm board for about $120.00 time you get it here shipping and all. That would be a hell of a web sever it has all you need and more. Plus it has pin outs for I/0 adc spi I2C It's a NanosG20 **broken link removed**

Last edited:
NICE!!! my small laptop if a little bigger than that. It has a 7" screen.. i think i have some pictures

... cant find them ill take some pictures and post them here

Some pictures i added some text so you can see what is where better...

Attachments

• 100_4104.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 150
  • androidonit.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 139
  • batt.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 134
  • main_bottom_info.jpg
    346.7 KB · Views: 164
  • main_ic.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 147
  • main_Top_info.jpg
    278 KB · Views: 137
Wow the BeagleBoard-xM makes me feel like a man heh.. i want it now. I need to get some cash heh... im broke! it would be so fun to play with ... the main thing i want to do it have a linux system where i can create custom hardware and drivers for ... without the hassle of windows... im sure i can do this with a laptop but wouldnt be as fun as creating your own system.

heh yeah... dipmicro.com rocks tho. I love the prices heh... I check there for what ever i need before mouser heh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…