Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Recommended Arduino IDE for Linux ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wp100

Hi,

While the standard Windows Arduino IDE is good for small programs, we have used Atmel Studio 7 for larger code, but AS7 or the newer Microchip Studio are not available for Linux.

Seems quiet a few such IDEs for Linux , we are trialing Mint x64 ; any recommendations for ones that do work well ?

Have you tried them running in linux 'WINE'

Could do, but some web comments suggest using Wine can cause the programs problems and also lead to a greater chance of viruses ??

Only the basic Arduino ide is in the Linux package manager/installer, so finding good info / Ytubes on how to install some of these programs is key for us, at least there is a ytube on installing PlatformIO, so will give that a try first.

Your header is misleading... The Arduino IDE is java isn't it?? There is even a 64 bit linux instal..

Platformio under visual studio code

I don't think Microsoft visual studio works in Linux.... ( Pretty mad it it did!!)

What chip set are you trying to get working??

Your header is misleading... The Arduino IDE is java isn't it?? There is even a 64 bit linux instal..

I don't think Microsoft visual studio works in Linux.... ( Pretty mad it it did!!)

Its on snap store

Well should perhaps included "alternative IDE" in the title , though I did qualify the reason for looking for a better editor as the Arduino IDE, which is available for Linux, is so limiting when doing large code.

Am using the arduino 328 boards and the Tiny and ESPs boards for larger programs while keeping a smaller , faster footprint than the Mega.

Seems VS is available for linux and mac as in that link MacIntoshCZ shows.

000692.jpg

Seems VS is available for linux and mac as in that link @MacIntoshCZ shows.
Yeah.. Knock me down with a feather.... Microsoft playing ball.... Go figure!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back