Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomSoft

Hey everyone, I want to learn linux for embedded programming. Im sure it would be best to learn linux for PC first. So i can get a feel for it. Can anyone point me to some books or links to sites where i can learn Linux.

I have a little cheapo netbook type device

CPU=WM8505
RAM=256mb
NAND=2GB

It can run Android and Windows CE ... Android runs off linux if im correct...
I would love to be able to make my own Kernel and such for this device.

It seems like a fun thing to learn and i know it will take a LONG LONG time but i think its worth learning.

So please help me out here. You know when i learn i share and everyone learns :D

I have run Linux on A bunch of stuff. That's what got me picking I wanted to run it on a Pic32 got some chips but realized
I have no board to use a 100 pin chip and there was not much out there at the time for the pic32 to mount it on but now there is. Maybe give it a try now

With one of these **broken link removed**

Last edited:
I found a Arm board for about $120.00 time you get it here shipping and all. That would be a hell of a web sever it has all you need and more. Plus it has pin outs for I/0 adc spi I2C It's a NanosG20 **broken link removed**

The low-down on Nanos: What runs under Linux on your desktop will run on your Nanos. This makes Nanos the perfect fit for energy-saving use as a log converter, data logger or similar. It can also be used as a power-saving alternative to nettops, barebones computers, and so on.

NanosG20 comes with its own compiler, allowing easy program development. There is no need to install additional software on a development computer. Simply use Samba or NFS to unlock a directory on the Nanos, write scripts or programs in your favorite editor, then use SSH, Telnet or the serial console to compile and test on the Nanos.

Last edited:
NICE!!! my small laptop if a little bigger than that. It has a 7" screen.. i think i have some pictures

... cant find them ill take some pictures and post them here

Some pictures i added some text so you can see what is where better...

Attachments

• 100_4104.jpg
    100_4104.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 149
  • androidonit.jpg
    androidonit.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 139
  • batt.jpg
    batt.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 134
  • main_bottom_info.jpg
    main_bottom_info.jpg
    346.7 KB · Views: 163
  • main_ic.jpg
    main_ic.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 147
  • main_Top_info.jpg
    main_Top_info.jpg
    278 KB · Views: 137
Wow the BeagleBoard-xM makes me feel like a man heh.. i want it now. I need to get some cash heh... im broke! it would be so fun to play with ... the main thing i want to do it have a linux system where i can create custom hardware and drivers for ... without the hassle of windows... im sure i can do this with a laptop but wouldnt be as fun as creating your own system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back