Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LINKS: DIY PIC Programmers

Status
Not open for further replies.

3v0

Coop Build Coordinator
Forum Supporter
Parallel Port

ICD2 Clones
**broken link removed** Serial ICD2 also LVP cable.

PICkit2 Clones
Bill's Junebug see attachment below

be80be's Pickit2: With reduced part count and 3.3V or 5V operation.
Link

PICkit3 Clones

Attachments

• bre-junebug-assembly-instructions.pdf
    915.9 KB · Views: 1,276
Last edited:
Hi be80be,
What is the type and value of L in the collector of Q2? Since there is no resistor in the collector, will Q2 be safe when it is turned ON? Just curious to know how this part works.
Thanks.

The inductor is 680uH It on the web site at top of picture The pickit uses it to boost mclr to about 12.5 to 13 volts Q2 is controlled. by pwm.

hi,

wanted to know is there any alternative for 18f2550 in junebug or in pickit2 clones?
is there any schematics available with 18f4550?

BT

Open your eyes and you can see the pins are laid out the same. If you go by the port name and lay out your pickit2 It will work fine
Oh it's not paint by numbers and the pic is not programed by numbers It uses the port names A,B, and C
View attachment 62038

There all the same port pins A, B, AND C

You don't USE D OR E port the PICKIT2 firmware will work fine on a 18f4550

Last edited:
Sorry Burt..... I must be going completely insane........ I just assumed they were inserting a pic18f4xxxx into a 28 pin socket.... I assume now they must be making there own board.

Once again... Sorry for the confusion.

Parallel Port

ICD2 Clones
**broken link removed** Serial ICD2 also LVP cable.

PICkit2 Clones
Bill's Junebug see attachment below

be80be's Pickit2: With reduced part count and 3.3V or 5V operation.
Link

PICkit3 Clones

First link is dead.

You are correct. If anybody knows a new location for this information we can fix it.

EDIT: It would be nice to have a copy of the LVP stuff but the ICD2 was eclipsed by the pickit2 and pickit3 some time ago.

Last edited:
The information here is somewhat dated.

For most of us it is better to buy a pickit2 or pickit3 or clone. Microchip is very good about replacing busted pickit2/3s which makes them a better investment than a somewhat lower priced clone.

If you want to do a DIY programmer select a simple programmer to program the microchip processor needed to build a ICD2, PicKit2 or maybe even a PicKit3.

The only way is a server to keep It On I have a good copy of the ICD2 sch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back