limit duty-cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

pioneer

For a digitaly PWM modulator the maxium dutycycle may not be more than about 50% of the switching time. How can i simle made this with a LM393 comparator.
Here i have only one of the the comparators in use.
Or with the use with a Nand gate 4093.
The PWM signal is used in a PWM audio-modulator what modulate a AM transmitter.

Osillator

Something like this?

Attachments

• osc.PNG
    74.7 KB · Views: 161
Thanks for reply, but how is it works is there a adjustment for limit the maxium duration of the duty-cycle?
I have some ideas in the attachments below.
Could anyone advise me of this is a good idea that may be work..

Attachments

• jpg1.JPG
    20 KB · Views: 135
  • jpg2.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 139
  • jpg3.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 142
  • jpg4.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Generate a sawtooth at twice the frequency of the output squarewave. Use that to PWM the twice-frequency square wave from 0-100%. Then AND that with the output waveform which is half the frequency of the modulated waveform. You will end up with the positive half of the output wave modulated from 0 to 100% but the negative half stays at zero due to the AND gate. This gives an output PWM of 0% to 50% maximum.

Thanks for reply.
I know the system what you descripe and i shall try this.
In earlyer experiments i have tried this with two flip-flops CD4013, where the second flip-flop is set with the pulse suration from the comparator and reset the time of 1/2
from the first flip-flop what devide the suare by 2.
But the modulation was not good, and distorted so something was not good in this circuit.

Attachments

• flipflop.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…