Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Limit 7-seg electronic dice from 0-9 to 1-6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pawni

Hi everyone, new here so sorry if this is a noobish question :) (Tried using search but didn't find anything that was done with the same ICs).

For the clock I'm using a NE555 IC that is connected to a 4510 BCD counter which is connected to a 4511 that drives the 7-segment display.

So the problem is that I don't know how to change the '0' to '6' on the 4510 counter.

Code:
C    B    A    Output
0    0    0    0
0    0    1    1
0    1    0    2
0    1    1    3
1    0    0    4
1    0    1    5
1    1    0    6

So anyone wiser than me care to tell how I can change the 000 to 110
and how to reset the chip so that it won't count to 6 (110).
So basically it counts to 0-5 and converts the 0 to 6.

If there's an easier way to do this please tell, this is just something I came up with.

Thanks!

Hi everyone, new here so sorry if this is a noobish question :) (Tried using search but didn't find anything that was done with the same ICs).

For the clock I'm using a NE555 IC that is connected to a 4510 BCD counter which is connected to a 4511 that drives the 7-segment display.

So the problem is that I don't know how to change the '0' to '6' on the 4510 counter.

Code:
C    B    A    Output
0    0    0    0
0    0    1    1
0    1    0    2
0    1    1    3
1    0    0    4
1    0    1    5
1    1    0    6
So anyone wiser than me care to tell how I can change the 000 to 110
and how to reset the chip so that it won't count to 6 (110).
So basically it counts to 0-5 and converts the 0 to 6.

If there's an easier way to do this please tell, this is just something I came up with.

Thanks!

hi,
You need to detect the 7's count ie: 111.
You could use a 3 input AND gate for the 7 detect and use its output to reset the 4510, or diodes and a resistor. OK.?

EDIT:
would a quick sketch help.???
As you dont want '0', use the 7's pulse to P/L the count of '1' intothe 4510

Last edited:
hi,
You need to detect the 7's count ie: 111.
You could use a 3 input AND gate for the 7 detect and use its output to reset the 4510, or diodes and a resistor. OK.?

Hmm, but then how should I do the skip from 0 to 1, because with that setup it would count from 0-6 and I'd like 1-6 like a regular dice :)

Hmm, but then how should I do the skip from 0 to 1, because with that setup it would count from 0-6 and I'd like 1-6 like a regular dice :)

OK,
I will post a quick diagram.

OK,
I will post a quick diagram.

Can you follow this circuit OK.
You need the 3 diodes, a 10k and 10nF or 22nF cap.

Connect the parallel inputs as shown so that a '1' is loaded.

Attachments

• AAesp02.gif
    AAesp02.gif
    31.9 KB · Views: 299
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back