LG LCD problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

karatron

Hi everybody
I wonder if someone met the same problem that I have. The LG 32LC46 turns on normally but in a few minutes the panel goes black (backlight works), and the sound works ok. Then the image slowly comes back first with a lot of "cracking" then stabilizes with some noise and after some minutes is ok. The have the same problem with 2 of those tv sets.
Can somebody help me on this.

First off, check for high-ESR electrolytics - it's commonplace amongst the cheaper sets.

Thanks Nigel I did that but the problem is still there. I changed all the electrolytics at the output of the PSU. Most of them didnt look very good. I tried also something else. Changed the PSU with another one known as good (another TV - we have 12 off them) but the problem is still there. Any other suggestions?

check the lead connecting the ssb to the lcd drive panel-the other thing that can cause this is tarnished connecters from the lcd screen itself to the scan control pcb(the ribbon connectors) the other thing to do is connect a scart to the set and feed a signal to a seperate monitor-if the fault isnt displayed on the monitor its not a faulty ssb panel ,if it is present you need a replacement panel.......

There is a 3-board repair kit to repair these units, price around $150. From LG.
Its a DIY. Google it.

thanks but cant find it. can you give me some more info about this? --about the LG 3board repair kit---

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…