Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LG LCD problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

karatron

Hi everybody
I wonder if someone met the same problem that I have. The LG 32LC46 turns on normally but in a few minutes the panel goes black (backlight works), and the sound works ok. Then the image slowly comes back first with a lot of "cracking" then stabilizes with some noise and after some minutes is ok. The have the same problem with 2 of those tv sets.
Can somebody help me on this.

Thanks Nigel I did that but the problem is still there. I changed all the electrolytics at the output of the PSU. Most of them didnt look very good. I tried also something else. Changed the PSU with another one known as good (another TV - we have 12 off them) but the problem is still there. Any other suggestions?

check the lead connecting the ssb to the lcd drive panel-the other thing that can cause this is tarnished connecters from the lcd screen itself to the scan control pcb(the ribbon connectors) the other thing to do is connect a scart to the set and feed a signal to a seperate monitor-if the fault isnt displayed on the monitor its not a faulty ssb panel ,if it is present you need a replacement panel.......

check the lead connecting the ssb to the lcd drive panel-the other thing that can cause this is tarnished connecters from the lcd screen itself to the scan control pcb(the ribbon connectors) the other thing to do is connect a scart to the set and feed a signal to a seperate monitor-if the fault isnt displayed on the monitor its not a faulty ssb panel ,if it is present you need a replacement panel.......

There is a 3-board repair kit to repair these units, price around $150. From LG.
Its a DIY. Google it.

thanks but cant find it. can you give me some more info about this? --about the LG 3board repair kit---

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back