Lg Lcd Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimper129

i have a note book computer,s LCD monitor. On the back of which there is a PCB having different components and i think that its the driver circuit because on the PCB it is written;
LG Phillips LCD Co Ltd
DESC: LP150x8-A2 Source PCB
P/N: 6870s-0083H
Designed: 2003/03/24
I want to connect this LCD to my computer VGA.
Is is possible?

It may be possible, but not feasible. I think a project like this will be very difficult, and require lots of time, but that is only my opinion, others may see it differently.

Its just a shame that there is so much waste in so many products.
I dont know why I paid $5 for a box full of hp laptop screens at a garage sale, apart from the polariser & CCFL's/inverter not much else is usable.
I strip a lot of stuff to get the good bits, but there is so much good stuff that would take huge resources of time to figure out.

I think manufacturers should be more accountable & when something is superceded they should forward technical data to public domain.

Products should be designed for reusable parts & not just recycling. Reuse is significantly more resource efficient.

My motto is I can fix anything IF...

The IF is where it gets a bit hard sometimes (If the data/schematic/part is availabe/substitutable, if the cost is within budget...)

Many OEM parts/assemblies have no data available to public.

So my opinion is IF you can find the data on that display model, & IF you have the skill & resources to design/modify an interface & IF you have the time to see it thru to completion you might have a chance.

Tonig.au

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…