Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lg Lcd Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimper129

i have a note book computer,s LCD monitor. On the back of which there is a PCB having different components and i think that its the driver circuit because on the PCB it is written;
LG Phillips LCD Co Ltd
DESC: LP150x8-A2 Source PCB
P/N: 6870s-0083H
Designed: 2003/03/24
I want to connect this LCD to my computer VGA.
Is is possible?

i have a note book computer,s LCD monitor. On the back of which there is a PCB having different components and i think that its the driver circuit because on the PCB it is written;
LG Phillips LCD Co Ltd
DESC: LP150x8-A2 Source PCB
P/N: 6870s-0083H
Designed: 2003/03/24
I want to connect this LCD to my computer VGA.
Is is possible?

It may be possible, but not feasible. I think a project like this will be very difficult, and require lots of time, but that is only my opinion, others may see it differently.

Its just a shame that there is so much waste in so many products.
I dont know why I paid $5 for a box full of hp laptop screens at a garage sale, apart from the polariser & CCFL's/inverter not much else is usable.
I strip a lot of stuff to get the good bits, but there is so much good stuff that would take huge resources of time to figure out.

I think manufacturers should be more accountable & when something is superceded they should forward technical data to public domain.

Products should be designed for reusable parts & not just recycling. Reuse is significantly more resource efficient.

My motto is I can fix anything IF...

The IF is where it gets a bit hard sometimes (If the data/schematic/part is availabe/substitutable, if the cost is within budget...)

Many OEM parts/assemblies have no data available to public.

So my opinion is IF you can find the data on that display model, & IF you have the skill & resources to design/modify an interface & IF you have the time to see it thru to completion you might have a chance.

Tonig.au

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back