Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LG 29inches ultrawide, not enough power?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Singul4rity

I bought recently a brand new LG 29UM58 IPS 29 inches ultrawide from amazon. When I recieved it, I notice that came with a 110v power adapter so I bought a 7 bucks converter 220v to 110... the monitor started, and shows gray screen saying "No input connected" when I connected the HDMI cable, the monitor shows image and after like 1/2 second it turns off, all the monitor the blue power light too....after 2 seconds it turns on with the light!! show image and turns off again in a loop.... I just wanted to know if my monitor is broken or it is maybe a power issue, the 220v-110 converter shows: INPUT :220/240v 50W 50Hz, OUTPUT : 110/120V AC 60Hz "For electric products up to 50w" and the LG adapter says: INPUT 100/127v 60Hz 1.0A MAX OUTPUT 1.7A thats all the data that I have, the monitor arrived today so I didnt have any chance to test it with another converter but asking you here calm the nerves in a certain way hahah, thanks for your time.

Your "power converter" is definitely not powerful enough for the monitor.

I suggest that instead of buying converters, you buy the correct 240v PSU for the monitor.

JimB

INPUT 100/127v 60Hz 1.0A
Since power is volts times amps, that gives an input power of 100W to 127W.
Do you think your 50W converter is up to the task? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back