Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ley person inquiry about battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saqib09

Hi,

Apologies for lying to register in this forum. I have no specialization, but there was no option for choosing that.

Let me put the question the easiest way I can.

I bought AA rechargeable batteries and a charger. These are cheaper "Chinese" products. I could get good branded products paying 4 times the price I paid for these.

Just needed to know if this might damage my device (a battery power-able guitar amp). Would it be right to assume that these batteries and the charger are likely inferior in terms of longevity, but will work all the same without causing damage?

Sorry for the dumb question and I know the forum is not for answering question like these, but you guys are experts and I could really use the help. Also admins can always delete the post if they deem fit. Many thanks

As a moderator I can honestly say that anyone is welcome.. You don't have to have an electronic misdemeanor at all....
Just needed to know if this might damage my device (a battery power-able guitar amp). Would it be right to assume that these batteries and the charger are likely inferior in terms of longevity, but will work all the same without causing damage?
Doubt it... If the charger over charges the batteries, it'll kill the batteries... If it under charges, you'll just get less playing time.

The only dumb questions are the ones not asked!!

As a moderator I can honestly say that anyone is welcome.. You don't have to have an electronic misdemeanor at all....

Doubt it... If the charger over charges the batteries, it'll kill the batteries... If it under charges, you'll just get less playing time.

The only dumb questions are the ones not asked!!

Thanks very much. Exactly what I wanted to understand.

And thanks for being so nice.

As I understand it you only need to be interested in electronics to be a member, not necessarily a master.
Nope I dont think the batts will do your amp any electrical harm either, however one thing to be aware of is leakage, check them from time to time, if they do leak on the circuit board it could be game over.
Leakage generally only occurs long after the batts have discharged, rechargeables sort of grow white junk around the ends.

AA rechargeable batteries have different chemistries. You did not say which chemistry.
Cheap Chinese AA Ni-Cad batteries are toxic, frequently become shorted and have low capacity. They often leak.
Cheap Chinese "Ni-MH" batteries are frequently Ni-Cad but marked wrongly as Ni-MH.
Name -Brand Western Ni-MH batteries are modern, have a high capacity and last a long time. Energizer and Duracell Ni-MH batteries are made in Japan, maybe by Panasonic (formerly Sanyo) and work like their Eneloop batteries (a charge lasts for 1 year) and do not leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back