Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED SignBoard 64X8 - PIC 16F628A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Suraj,
Your diagram and details is very useful. Is it possible for you send me a sample code for this? It would be really helpful for me.

Thanks in advance.
Raj. S

Hi friends,

From the discussions in this thread it is assumed that the more is length of display, the more registers required. When row scanning is done, data of each row is loaded to several registers depending upon number of columns i.e. for a display of 64 columns, 8 registers required to accomodate data of each row and if there are 8 rows, total 8x8 = 64 registers required for the matrix. Am I correct ? If so, in case of more big display - having 128 columns or so, how the registers will be managed since there are 96 GPRs in bank 0.

Is it practical to handle so many registers, say 15 registers per row to load/rotate data for that row or there is some other technique to scan rows? Please help this newbie.

swapan

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back