Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Led Sequence Flashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

latinlaze

Hi, I need help with a little project.

I want to light up 4 leds. I want them to flash in sequence one right after the other. Maybe with a half second or 1 second delay each. Once the fourth one flashes, I want the sequence to start over. I will be using a 12volt source. Each led will be about 10ft apart.

If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it.

A CD4017 has 10 outputs that sequentially turn on one after the other. It is driven by an oscillator. The 5th output can be connected to its reset pin then it will have only 4 sequential outputs.
The CD4017 has an output current of about 20mA when powered by a 12V car battery which will cause it to heat too much. The heating will be reduced if a 620 ohm resistor is used in series with each LED.

This sounds great....Thanks..I will try that. Not really sure how to work with that oscillator but I am going to try and figure it out myself...If not...I will post again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back