Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

led question

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew2022

i have 3 leds on a circuit. each will light at different times and 1 2 or mayb 3 leds will be on at the same time. should i connect them all to 1 resistor or 1 resistor per led?

1 resistor per LED is the best solution, because with one resistor the intensity depend from the number of active LEDs.

thats what i have done, but the brightness of the other 2 still depend on the other led being conncted( e.g if all 3 are on and 1 is switched off, the other 2 get slightly brighter. also the 3rd led is off in 'day' more and on very dimly in 'night' mode

it is to be used in day and night conditions so i have a 560 resistor connected for day so it is brighter and a higher value for night so it is dimmer (idea is it cant be seen by a second person so i dont want it bright in the dark)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back