Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED Music Interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

LunarTech

Im trying to make a LED Music Interface. I want the LEDs to light up whenever my subwoofers "hit". Basically, I want to make them react to bass frequencies. I found some details on other sites that seemed like they would work, but either I have the wrong transistors or their circuit wont work for what I need. So frusterating :confused: The circuit I found has the negative and positive going to the collector and emitter on an NPN Transistor, with the music source going to the base. The transistor im using is RadioShack part number 276-1617 and my source is just a 1/8" cable to my iPod with one end cut off currently, going to try running it to the line level outputs to my amp or splice it into the speaker wire going to the subwoofers when i get the circuit working. Can anyone correct what im doing or let me know another way that I can make this work? I would just go buy a music interface, but I like learning how everything works together to accomplish a common goal. Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
LT88

You forgot to attach your schematic so how are we supposed to guess how you have it connected???

The transistor and LED need current-limiting resistors.
The circuit needs to have a power supply that you didn't say a single word about.
To light an LED only during bass frequencies then a lowpass filter is needed which you don't have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back