Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED Matrix displays

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpowell86

Hey ppl,

After seeing this project:
**broken link removed**

I wanted to build something similar however finding led matrix's like these has been a nightmare.

Has anyone bought any large led matrix displays?

The only supplier I can find is www.sparkfun.com but it will be costly at £15 per square! lol

Anyone had any experiences with this sort of thing or know a good supplier?

Thanks,
Ryan

Hey ppl,

After seeing this project:
**broken link removed**

I wanted to build something similar however finding led matrix's like these has been a nightmare.

Has anyone bought any large led matrix displays?

The only supplier I can find is www.sparkfun.com but it will be costly at £15 per square! lol

Anyone had any experiences with this sort of thing or know a good supplier?

Thanks,
Ryan

Wooow what a project. Good luck

I looked up in ebay for LED panels and this is one of the results. They have a great amount of just basic LED light panels for a considerable amount less but this one had the same type of ability as the project you had posted.
**broken link removed**

those ones look really nice and are far more affordable than what i found!

Wow, this is really big.. but economically ineficient (i think). A 40" plazma or LCD monitor is a little cheaper (i know) and it could be driven from an old PC collecting dust in the garage or attic and with all bells and whistles of colour, sound and images. Maybe even a HD Tv tuner connected to another input would provide some excitment (when one is bored looking at the monotext for the same price) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back