Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Led indicator warning light

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuartwoolley

Hi all. I’m looking for some help.
I’ve recently changed my dash board lights for led warning lights.
I’m having issues with the indicator warning light only working one side and not the other, I understand this is because an led is not like a normal lamp and can only pass power through it one way,

How do I get over this? I don’t really want to run two leds.

Thanks In advance,

Attachments

• 74BF3C5F-6840-46EB-97D8-C55B7A31C677.jpeg
    74BF3C5F-6840-46EB-97D8-C55B7A31C677.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 204
  • 9356BC56-AF9F-41B7-BF29-2DB9D9498494.jpeg
    9356BC56-AF9F-41B7-BF29-2DB9D9498494.jpeg
    352.4 KB · Views: 200
Wire a small bridge rectifier around the LED - or use a LED lamp rated for AC (which will either have LEDs in opposite directions, or a rectifier).

Hi thanks for replying,I have tried a bridge rectifier and it didn’t work left or right signals, I’d like to use the billet fittings I have ideally so they all match. So is it a case of fitting a rectifier to what I have?

I’d like to use the billet fittings
I'm not sure what you mean by that? What LEDs or lamps and fittings are you using?

A bridge rectifier will only drop about 1.2V at low current, which should not be enough to significantly affect a 12V LED; the car system voltage can be anything from 11V or less to around 15V.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back