Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Common Positive LED lights

rrekih

Hello
I am running common positive led lights RGB. They require the 12VDC to run on the negative (black) wire going to each light.
In turn when I ground out one of the RGB (wire) lights they light up.
I am using a common negative switch for doing so that I have run through relays.
I have negative wire going through the common of the relay so when it operates the rgb light has source to negative.
Is there a way to do this without the relays?

Attachments

• light.png
    light.png
    52.7 KB · Views: 147
I'd much prefer the rising clamp terminals (first type) to those open screws! No stray unclamped strands as you tighten them, or self-cutting wires of you wrap too far with an open screw...

Just be sure to hold the terminal body as you tighten the screws. They look to be in short sections rather than a single long block, and with those the tightening force can twist the body against the PCB pins if you only hold the board.

I'd much prefer the rising clamp terminals (first type) to those open screws! No stray unclamped strands as you tighten them, or self-cutting wires of you wrap too far with an open screw...

Just be sure to hold the terminal body as you tighten the screws. They look to be in short sections rather than a single long block, and with those the tightening force can twist the body against the PCB pins if you only hold the board.
I hear what you say about the rising clamp, just my experience in the past if open and closing a few times they sometimes don't open again.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back