Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Led Image

Status
Not open for further replies.

modernmillie

'm very new to electronics-- i want to start a project that i thought would be simple--- but don't know exactly what the circuit would need to be like---- basically it is this-->
**broken link removed**

other images can be seen here--->https://www.flickr.com/photos/vanderlin/tags/aquateenhungerforce/

basically-- a range of LED to create pattern running of batteries.. This one flashes, but that wouldn't be completely necessary-- want to keep it simple for the first few i make...

and advice would be appreciated....

It's just a bunch of LED's soldered onto a PCB in a certain pattern... Take away the blinking and it's nothing but a power supply with a bunch of parallel LED's with current-limiting resistors - no more complicated than running a single LED!

Its a mooninite!:p Terror of Boston! lol

Yeah, it should be fairly simple to make. I even though about making one as a joke, but never did.

Looks like those are 10mm LEDs to me. I can't tell how they did the flashing and how they powered the thing though. with 4 "d" cells you'ed only have 6 volts, so you wouldn't be able to wire LEDs in series very well. With that coil it looks to me like the voltage is stepped up? It would be interesting to see some better picture of the ICs used.

thats my guess too, a switch mode boost converter ... makes sense, running the leds in parallel with 3 or 6v would end up dimming once the voltage sagged even a little. but introduce the switcher and it'll suck those batteries dry before the leds dim out.

Surprised those dudes didn't post the schematic on the web, there would have been hundreds showing up overnight all over the country. The courts would have dropped the case to avoid further media, and more people looking to copy the stunt. Still not sure how the sign was interpreted as a terror threat...

seeing as how it was an AstroTurf operation, the design is probably from a commerical design firm, who would be too embarrased by the publicity or chicken-sheit to own up to it, esp after the president of cartoon network resigned when his operation was exposed. before it was exposed, I was remarking to a friend, "Who paid to have all those PC boards fabricated?"

anyway, I'm sure the schematic is probably copyrighted or trademarked or whatever else it is corporate greed mongering types do.

What's the design firm got to worry about? Customers order products all the time, besides it's free advertising. Seems like they built them well enough...

I thought it was an advertising stunt, seems the greater coverage, at a much lower cost (basically free) would be a good thing for them, by posting the circuit. Seems basic enough high school kids to crank out by the dozen (sweat-shops in America...).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back